Thursday, February 08, 2007

today.

7:00- I thank the Lord for the hot water in my shower and for my husband who loves me.
8:00- I arrive at Vandergriff Elementary School. My nurse is not in a good mood, but I feel like I am going to have a pretty good day.
9:15- I teach 120 5th graders about scoliosis and tell all of the girls that they will be getting tested next week. I am able to command their attention fairly well and they listen to me intently. Their reactions to the video are priceless. They all ask me good questions at the end, which hopefully will give me some "good job" points in my instructor's eyes. :)
12:00-I really love these children. After spending so much time talking with them and with my nurse, I have learned many of their stories, and my heart both breaks and fills with love for them.
1:30- An autistic boy in the 5th grade comes to the office in tears because he is scared that he has scoliosis. I almost cry because he is so worried possibly due to something that I had said, and I take him to the back room and check him so that I can help calm his fears. I desperately just want to hold him and tell him it is ok. I want to hold all of them. Everytime one of them comes in, crying over something that is seemingly tearing them apart, I want to hold them.

There are so many children here that need someone to show them love, and what the love of the Father looks like and feels like. I pray that just for the small amount of time that I see them, I can convey that love to them and that they will know there is a Father who loves them more than any person on this earth ever will.

No comments: