Tuesday, February 13, 2007

We can make it better ... pull ourselves together ...

Today, I went to the Washington County Courthouse, walked through a metal detector, and assessed my Honda. The clerk handed me a pink slip of paper, steered me down the hall, past the guards, and to the tax officer, where a teller stamped my pink piece of paper and directed me to the Revenue office on Razorback Road. There, I paid for the sales tax, license plate/tags, and registration on the Honda. Ellen was the sweet little lady that helped me there. She and I discussed how when we were children, we didn't give much thought to taxes and couldn't wait until we were "all grown up, because then there would be lots of money everywhere and no bed times." I agreed with a chuckle as I listened to the sound of my hand tearing a check from the book. "Thanks, Ellen, have a nice day." Now, I am an adult.

No comments: