Monday, August 28, 2006

enough of the reading already.

Well, the first week is behind me! Dr. Barta is killing me with all of the reading in my Child & Family Nursing course. I don't think that I have read this much in such a short amount of time in my life. At least I am somewhat interested in the material, though. We have had at least 120 pages for every class with a quiz every day over the reading. Today I sat in Arsaga's at the Fayetteville Public Library for close to 4 hours without even getting out of my chair. I had a large coffee. My legs were shaky when I finally got up and left. I have gotten around 5 hours of sleep the past few nights. I am tired.
Sorry -I did not plan on writing this to complain. I am trying to toughen up! I guess I just forgot how tired I was all of the time last year. I am having a not-so-nice wakeup call.
I have to find a "senior consultant" to meet with over the semester to talk about health. I have to teach them something. They have to be at least 70 years old.
Friday night, I was able to hang out with my dear friends, Jessica and Emily. They are so fun to talk to and be around. I value our friendships.
Saturday, we (Adam, Hope, and I) all drove to LR too see their cousin, Hannah, get married.
Well, this has turned out to be quite a choppy post.
Oh, my car is in the shop again. It's ridiculous- all of the things that can go wrong with cars, that is. Who needs 'em anyway? I think I am just going to start walking.

2 comments:

Polly said...

i can't belive Dr. barta is still teaching that class! we all gave her such bad reviews! i think she must have been having a really bad semester or something was going wrong at home b/c she was always shakey and unsure of herself infront of class. is she still like that? we also had those quizzes over the readings. but i think they kinda stopped about halfway through the semester. again, maybe something was going wrong at home with her. i love to hear about what your doing in school though b/c it all is so fresh in my mind- the reading, the tiredness, the coffee... well the tiredness and coffee part are still there now though haha. good luck this semester! all for now-k eep up the good work!!

meredith said...

haha, she is still like that!Maybe she is a nervous person...?