Monday, August 21, 2006

fall semester begins!

Today was my first day back into the grind of nursing school. Here are the official names of my classes: Nursing Concepts: Older Adult and Illness, Professional Role Implementation V:Manager in the Older Adult Setting Clinical, Nursing Concepts: Care of the Child and Family, Professional Role Implementation IV: Teacher, and Management in Nursing.
I am actually pretty excited about the Child and Family course; I have enjoyed the reading assignments so far..I hope that I continue to like it!
My name has successfully changed to Argo throughout the university's network, so now I am the first one to be called on for everything...such as attendance(which startles me everytime, because I have always been next to last practically) and professors also seem to like to call on the first name on the list to answer questions like,"what is your goal for this class?" and " what is the most valuable idea that you have learned today?" I was very unprepared for this today. I don't think I have ever been called on so much in one day. Is this what it's like if you have your name as the very first one on the list?
At one point in one of my classes, the professor had everyone stand up that had gotten married this summer. There were 6 people, including me. I thought that was interesting. I felt weird standing up. Like I mentioned before, I am not used to this kind of attention in class.
On to other things.... everyone should go to the Fayetteville Public Library. It is wonderful, and you are missing out greatly if you have not been. I just read 'Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man' by Fannie Flagg. It was nice, because it was very light-hearted and entertaining (and hilarious at times). I am interested in reading some of her other books. I also just finished reading this series by Francine Rivers that followed the lives of Tamar, Ruth, Rahab, Bathsheba, and Mary. I can't remember their names though. They were short, but wonderful. It sparked a new interest in some Old Testament books that I haven't read in awhile. So, I have pretty much crammed as much reading in as I could this summer, because from now on, my nursing books tend to take up my reading time. I love reading good books so much. I just get lost in them, and I think they are wonderful.
As you have probably already read, Adam's family came and stayed the weekend with us. They are such a funny and loving family, and I love them. It was such a good time.
As I was driving to school today, I drove by several kindergarten and elementary schools, where I saw many children and their parents walking to school. The parents were taking pictures of their kindergarten kids on their first day at school. It was such a sweet thing to me seeing this at 7:20 this morning.
I have been playing cribbage with Adam almost every day lately. I have been getting very good..even beating Adam several times. And that is definitely something to say, because Adam is very good.

No comments: