Monday, August 07, 2006

a new journal, a new entry..

We had a very eventful weekend. Friday, Adam surprised me and took me to Lawrence, Kansas to the Bleeding Kansas Arts & Music Festival. It was very fun being surprised, and going to a new place that we had never been before. We stayed at the Golden Rule Motel, where we think that someone siphoned(sp?) some of Adam's gas overnight in the parking lot. Weird. However, we decided that if they needed it that bad, they must have had to get somewhere important, so we would let them have some.
We ate at the Free State Brewing Company, and headed out to the Festival. Now, I will have you know that I had a great time overall at the Festival, and getting to see Mates of State was definitely worth the trip and the heat. But for the first 3 hours we were there, it was probably 100+ degrees, and I was roasting. It was pretty miserable, and I am not one for sitting out in the sun with this kind of heat. But, at around 5, it cooled down to probably about 90, and it was much more tolerable because of the increasing clouds. But back to Mates of State....they were so good!!Adam had never seen them live, and I think that he liked them too. We also got to see Broken Social Scene, Appleseed Cast, Keane, Death Cab for Cutie, and some other bands thatI didn't recognize, but that Adam knew and liked. All in all, it was a wonderful day!
The next morning we ate breakfast at this awesome local bakery, and got some bread to take home! I LOVE homeade bread (we got wheat walnut raisin) and I am very excited about eating some.
Last night, after we got back into town, we went to see Talladega Nights, which we liked very much. It is funny, and worth going to see at the theater. We went to Rogers and ate at On The Border, were I ate tooo much and was punished later, but we got a FLAT tire on the way back home! However, Adam changed our tire, and all was well. I'm just glad it didn't happen on the way home from Kansas.
(I spilt coffee on the laptop. I'm sorry Adam! Now none of the keys will work!) We are going to Jonesboro this weekend, and it will be the first time we will have seen anyone since the wedding, which should be nice.
I wish we had another month of summer left. I love just being married and going to work and not having to worry about school or homework. It is wonderful, and it makes me look forward to graduating when it can be like this again.

No comments: