Thursday, August 10, 2006

oh, to laugh at work.

This summer, I have been working at a daycare/preschool at the Methodist church on Dickson. It's quite a lot of fun, because I love the kids I work with and because they are very amusing.
Here are some quotes..
"Do you want to see how run I can fast?"
"When are you going to get done brooming?"
"This is my song Mrs. Merduf, this is my song!!"(said in response to a rap song on the radio, right before excessive dancing ensued...making me wonder, where did they learn to dance like that? they are 4 years old!!)
"awesome! Awesome! AWESOME!!!!" ( they boys can't seem to stop saying this for at least 5 minutes straightwhen they are playing 'hot wheels'...it is said in this really funny voice that is impossible for me to imitate.)
"hey, my mommy has that ring!"
"I have a little baby boyfriend!"
"I like to move it, move it. I like to...MOVE IT!" (they sing this ALL of the time.)
"Can you call mommy to come pick me up?"(first thing a little girl told her dad when he came to get her in the afternoon.)

Seriously, these kids make me laugh everyday. It has been a very frustrating, yet enjoyable experience working with them this summer. My last day is next Thursday before school starts, because I can't fit it in my schedule to work there once clinicals begin. But it has been really fun to me. I like kids alot. I'm thinking about maybe doing some kind of pediatric nursing. I don't know though. It's just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would be great as a pediatric nurse! I am so glad that job worked out this summer. Kids are so sweet.
em

meredith said...

thanks! i need encouragement sometime..haha. I hope Julie's wedding is wonderful. We will be thinking about your fam!