Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Blackgammon


It doesn't bother me that Spencer and I spent the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl playing Backgammon. Because, as John noted after Prince's light show finished, we "got what we came for." I promise this is not a blog about board and card games, but if it were, I would be okay with that. This game is so new and foreign to me, but I love it. You roll the dice, move the pieces, put your opponent "on the bar," and try to move off all of your pieces before your opponent can move her's. The pieces are called "checkers," and each move is called a "pip." So try not to lose all of your pips, genius. Here is a picture of the set I receive for my birthday.

I want to rent Antoniono's 1975 film, "The Passenger." It was re-released recently and The Movie Gallery (of all places) has a copy of the DVD to rent.
Meredith and I have been drinking a lot of tea lately. It's a nice change from coffee for a little while. My favorite kind is Bigelow's Green Tea with Lemon.

NCAA Basketball is heating up. It's February, so that means March Madness is right around the corner. After a disappointing display of turnovers Saturday, the Razorback's tough loss to Kentucky at home, Arkansas have put themselves in a situation that will be an uphill road to 65 from here on out. It may even be an uphill road to the NIT for that matter. We playhost the Auburn Tigers in Walton Arena on Wednesday night. Ticketholders with seats to spare usually stick their extras on the wall outside Bud Walton. I may take my chances with that plan. If not, LFS will have coverage of the game on the ol' ears. Until then, I've got to read some Business Law.

2 comments:

Compston said...

You should come drink some of the tea I brought back from India. Beats the pants off of your tea I bet. Or at least wets them.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you like our Green tea with lemon...so many health benefits compared to coffee! Thanks for the mention! Come over and take a look at our blog, www.bigelowteablog.com

Sabine,

For Bigelow Tea